Keith Young

Dave

Actually a proper machinist ( That is one who makes his living by that
trade ) fixed it. First he showed me that by repositioning the tightening
nut the tightening handle does not touch the rest. Then with a vise he
squeezed the holder a little so now it tightens nicely without a hammer.

Cheers
Keith
Newfoundland

Thanks for the sound advice. I,ve been years using a hammer.

"Dave in Fairfax" wrote in message
Keith Young wrote:
snip
Actually it needs a tap with a hammer to do the trick, which
really peeves off an associate of mine. He suggested cutting the tool
rest
holder with a hack saw to allieviate some of the holders strength, to
allow
it to collaspse easier on the tool holders shaft. Shims wrapped around
the
holders shaft don't do much either.

snip

STOP IT! You're perpetuating a stereotype. %-) Figure out what is
causing the problem, really, and fix that.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: