Emmo

I just got one of these exact motors - 2.99 on eBay, small, Panasonic, with
the data sheet in Japanese. Came with its capacitor. My only problem is that
it has three wires (bl, wh, grey) and I don't know how to hook it up. Can
anyone help?

Thanx!

"Wild Bill" wrote in message
Your application seems to be best suited for the AC gearmotors you're
using.

I think the best components for your application would be the small
fractional HP PSC motors made by Oriental Motor (sizes range up to 1/8
HP).
AFIK, other manufacturers don't offer the adaptability that the OM models
do.

There are several series of these motors that give you all sorts of
options.

Variable speed, if you need it, and the small models use small octal
socket
sized controllers. Speed control will make fine tuning easy, especially if
you want to change the production machine's speed in the future.

Separate/modular-design gearheads that allow you to select a specific
output
speed (or a range of speeds when it's variable), with ratio ranges from
about 3 to 90:1, and also an inline 10X multiplier gearbox . The output
shafts of the motors are geared, so the accessories mate to the motor
face.

High quality ball bearing gearheads, and ball bearing enclosed/non-vented
motors.
Dependability from simplicity, there's not much point in adding a lot of
microprocessor technology to such a simple task.

Some models include motor brakes for fast stopping (and reversing), and
other models with brake/clutch packs.

The new distributor prices are high, but there always seems to be a good
supply of them on ebay.
When buying separate components, some sellers aren't going to be able to
help you with fit/compatability, so you might get some gearheads that
don't
have the same gear tooth to fit (there are some motors that have a
straight
geared shaft, and others that are helical).
The OM website has most of the specs and application info available.

If you get a couple of motors with the application data sheets included,
there will be charts to show which gearhead numbers will fit certain motor
models.
Some times the data sheets are in Japanese only, although many of them
include English.

WB

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
. ..
This dog won't stay petted!!! I have an application that unspools wire

with
a dancer operated switch controlling a @35 RPM 1/15 HP ac gearmotor belt
driving a roller that a wooden spool fits on. I know I have to use

"Shaded
Pole" or "Permanent Split Capacitor" motors as a cap start motor will
burn-up in a day due to the constant on/off switching. I have three of
these de-spoolers and need to make six more. These gearmotors are about
$250 ea and I have to replace at least two a year now. Any suggestions
an

better solution? Anybody got any gearmotors they want to sell? I keep
an
eye on ebay and surplusscenter.

News==----
Newsgroups