~Roy~

Its going to get hot if your putting power to it and the motor is not
turning......

Are you sure they are magnets and not the carbon brushes? Usually the
magnets are firmly bonded to the motors housing internally and not
removed very easy. If they are at the end opposite of the pump end,
they are probably the carbon brushes. The springs push the carbon
brushes into contact with the commutator on the armature, and should
be held in a holder that is normally built in the end bell of the
motor.

On 21 Jun 2005 05:47:58 -0700, wrote:

===One thing I also noticed is the pump body got very hot when I was
===working on it when applying 12 volts.

"The original frugal ponder"