Cicero

Default Large wood / steel hs drill bit with small shank?

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 May 2004 17:36:30 GMT, "Cicero"
wrote:

==================
Wood augers can be used in power drills so you don't need to worry too

much
about the hard labour aspect!

Really? I would have thought it would have done it no good?

Another possibility would be to use a flat wood bit for which you can buy

300mm extension bar. Look at www.screwfix.co.uk Look in drill bits /

wood
drills - item no. 16769. This item is cheap and and together with the

length
of a flat bit would probably go all the way for you - provided that you
don't lose the bit somewhere in the hole!

I was more worried of it snatching as it broke through between the
holes?

All the best ..

T i m

Screwfix sell some short augers. I've used them in my bench drill for
several years without mishap.

Cic.