SteveB

"Richard" wrote in message
news
My neighbor is letting his dog use my front yard as his personal toilet.
He leaves his bombs there all the time. Even IF he picked them up
afterwards, I don't think I like the idea of him walking his dog across my
front yard. What's wrong with his yard?

Any tactful ways of dealing with this, obviously, rude person? I'm
thinking of collecting a week's worth of bombs and then knocking on his
door and handing them to him and say something like "Here - you left these
in my yard".

Step one: talk to him and ask if he would please not let his dog defecate
on your property.

Step two if this doesn't work: toss the crap onto his driveway.

Step three if this doesn't work: call the police and/or health department
and ask if there are any laws being violated.

Step four: when the dog comes in the yard, call the police and say the dog
snarled at you. Tell the responding officer that you have asked this
neighbor repeatedly to keep the dog off your property, but the neighbor has
refused to do so.

Each step is a little more direct, and will determine what kind of neighbor
this really is and if their friendship is worth keeping.

I got to step two with my neighbor. After two times of returning some bombs
to their welcome mat, the problem mysteriously and quickly ended. That has
been about a year now.

If it is a good neighbor, you won't have to go past step one.

Steve