John Fields

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:11:05 GMT, "dimention11"
wrote:

Hello
This is my first post to alt.electronics. I have no formal electronics
training but have completed quite a few DIY projects ( Digital and Analogue)
from the net and elsewhere.

At the moment I am working on a Printerport (lpt) dac using the Quad 8bit
DAC Max506.
This chip has a rail-to-rail output voltage (0-5V) for the application I
need +/-5v. I know (think an opamp is the solution. However I am still
bamboozled by some of the tech jargon on the datasheets. If anyone knows of
a solution off the top of their heads I would really appreciate it. if not I
will report back with a couple of chips data sheets and ask for some
guidance.

---
Try this: (view in Courier New)

0 to 5V in------|+\
| ---+----5 to +5V out
+5V---[10k]--+--| / |
| |

Make sure your + and - supplies are high enough to give you the
headroom you need to get your full output voltage range.

BTW, in the future you may want to consider posting to
sci.electronics.basics or sci.electronics.design, since this group is
mostly a wasteland.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer