Prometheus

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:18:01 -0400, Leuf
wrote:

I have some regular ol' hard maple that will do if I have to, but I
figured I'd take a shot and see if anyone out there might have an
offcut or something they could part with, or failing that perhaps
suggest an alternative wood that might work that I might have better
luck finding (and affording). I'm looking to end up with about a 4"
diameter circle, 1/4-3/8" thick. I would of course be happy to pay a
fair value plus shipping. If you want to reach me privately my email
is

Couple of questions, I might have what you need- first, is bird's eye
the only figure you're interested in? I've got a 4.5" wide plank of
nice tiger maple with strong figure that I'd be willing to shorten a
little. Second, the tiger maple in question is 4/4 (about 3/4" thick)
Can you surface it yourself somehow? I've got a planer, but I'd
rather not shave down 13" of figured maple to get one 4"x4" square.
For something that small, I don't really care if you pay me anything
for it, but if you want it, and can wait a week or two for the postal
service to deliver it, contact me directly at
, and I'm sure we can figure something out.