JohnM

Tom Gardner wrote:
Anybody here could do that within 5 tenths

Yeah, I could probably do it within 5 tenths of an inch..

wrote in message
oups.com...

i have a cast iron tube that is about 6 inches long with a id of 4
inches. i need to enlarge the id by about a quater inch . my friend who
has been a machinist for fifteen years says that he can do it on his
mill in his garage as he does not have a lathe. he says that he can jig
it up to make it work without much trouble eventhough the quill travel
is only five inches. he is a good friend and all but he is well known
for overstating sometimes.i need the final id to be within 1000th of a
inch. what do you think?