B.B.

In article ,
Ron DeBlock wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:49:46 -0700, PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

Sae 50 motor oil and a 90 gear oil are two diferent aminals
altogether.....still...

Perhaps too thin for a Bar Oil then...

The jug of SuperTech (Walmart brand) bar oil I have says it's SAE 30
weight. It's not all that viscous, but it's very tacky. My father-in-law
buys gear oil for his chainsaw. I dunno why, it costs more than bar oil,
doesn't "stick" as well, and it smells worse.

Does he go through a bunch of chains, too? The bar oil actually
stays in long enough to lube the pins, but anything else generally gets
flungeded out before it can get into the pins, so they run a bit dry and
develop "chain stretch." Even gear oil--I've tried. And it did make a
hellish, stinky mess.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/