On 20-Jun-2005, "Thomas Bunetta" wrote:

I have a cope joint to make in some 2.5 inch mape crown moulding.
I just need a quick sanity to check to make sure I'm doing this right
because my first couple of test pieces just weren't making it.

snip
thanks
ml

Just got the Fine Woodworking for this month... there's an entire article
on
this very subject.
A picture is worth a thousand words (give or take a few).

I've got it down now. It was mainly the fact that I wasn't back cutting
enough and waste material was keeping the pieces from mating correctly.
It's also that the fact that this is an order of magnitude or so more
delicate shaping of wood than I've done before.

Also having a clue on how to really use a coping saw helps. This I
developed over the past couple of days by trial and error.... mostly error.
Not to mention a sharp blade makes all the difference in the world.

we shall see how well my pine acquired skills translate to this maple.
ml