Dave Balderstone

In article , Tom Watson
wrote:

It is no longer the magazine for which that I marked my time, waiting
for the next issue.

Mr. Roman has gone on to create "Fine Homebuilding", "Threads", "Fine
Gardening", "Fine Cooking" and, his most recent concoction - "Inspired
Home".

Excepting FHB - Yawn...

Frankly, he has lost my interest, in direct proportion to his apparent
loss of interest in his initial progeny, "Fine Woodworking" - which,
also frankly, is open to parody, although I have not yet seen it done,
but which I may undertake myself - along with some help from my fellow
Wreckers.

"The Ultimate Blurfl", anyone?

I hadn't thought about it, Tom, but their renewal notice remains
unopened on my desk.

My subscription has currently lapsed, and I'm not certain I'll renew.
For a publisher, that's a problem, as we/they make little from single
copy sales compared to the subscription which typically pays the cost
of printing and mailing the piece.

I managed to obtain a number of those early B&W issues a couple of
years ago, and while I disagree with you that the move to color was a
problem I do lean t'ward agreeing with you about content.

One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com