Not to get TOO far OT, but why 1/4 round (shoe)? Allways looked to me
like someone was too lazy to remove the baseboard when installing a
hardwood floor, and just tacked on some shoe moulding.
I know, I know, you need more coverage for an expansion space than
traditional moulding will cover. Why not use, or make, thicker
moulding? Anyone visiting my place will see what appears to be
traditional moulding, but it's really 1/2 x 2 with a bevel ripped into
the face and a round over at the top. I let the flooring guys spend the
3 days on their knees, but I insisted on installing the moulding myself.