PrecisionMachinisT

"Q" wrote in message

"PrecisionMachinisT" skrev i en

meddelelse

Sounds like it might also be a good chainsaw bar oil to me, probly is
thicker than molasses.

The chainsaw bar oil recommended by Husquarna ( brand of chainsaw I own )

is
way thicker than this gear oil... the the bar oil is biodegradable..

Notice "guide ways"? likely make a good way lube too.

If its clean, then add it a quart or per every couple gallons into one

of
your your diesel engines.

Its being a hydrocarbon fuel at the very least.

Seems its going to end up as general purpose, smelly oil here.. was just
wondering if there was a better use for it.. Someone might have said:
Ooooh... this stuff is perfect in your gearbox :-)

thanks for the input

I'd be happy to share the oil with you, but shipping it from Denmark might
make it less attractive :-)

There most likely is some ISO designation on that oil you have that would
verify interchangability if you were to look online hard enough for it.

Oh, and I just use the way oil that gets skimmed outa the coolant tanks for
chainsaw bar oil anymore--whatever is left I give to my neighbor.....he has
a waste-oil furnace that he uses to heat his shop.

--

SVL