T i m

Default Large wood / steel hs drill bit with small shank?

On Sun, 16 May 2004 17:44:44 GMT, "Cicero"
wrote:

ps Have you done this yourself (hydraulic post removal not bikini
wearing) ?

============
The 'hydraulic' method is a fairly standard way of extracting metal bushes
from car engines / gearboxes but I think it might not work with your gate
post because the concrete will have moulded itself to the shape of the
wooden post.

I was thinking that. I would also thinking that I should leave the top
of the hole clar to try to let the stump dry out and shrink a bit?

Still it should be fun trying but don't stand too close when
you hit the 'piston' with your sledge hammer as it's likely to shoot back
out of the hole like a rocket.

Ooops ;-)

T i m