G&M

Default drilling hole for 110mm waste

"BigWallop" wrote in message
13.46...
shortly i will be refitting my bathroom which entails moving the loo,
as the waste is 110mm i take it i will have to hire a drill for the
job.

You get yourself a big drill pistol and a bit called a core cutter that is
the right size for the job. The core cutter should allow you a bit of
clearance around the pipe, so get one at 120mm, or close to, so that you
don't have to force the pipe into the hole.

There are two types of core cutter - tungsten carbide and diamond. Tungsten
takes all day and sometimes doesn't get through at all (e.g. stone and
hardened concrete) whereas diamond cuts anything in seconds but they charge
you by the mm and believe me you will get through more than you think.