Jeff Wisnia

Carmen wrote:
Hello,
Sometimes the third time is the charm, sometime it's three strikes and
you're out. In this case it's the latter. I'm talking about the
third Craftsman electric chain saw model 34104 my husband and I have
brought home, filled with the bar and chain lube and promptly had leak
it all back out. Number three is sitting downstairs right now. That
being the situation I never even got as far as firing any of them up,
just brought them back so the two holly trees that need whacking are
still out front, tall as ever. This evening Puddles #3 is going back.

Normally Craftsman is my first choice for tools, but I'm going to have
to look elsewhere for a light duty chain saw. What recommendations
for an electric 14" manual oiler chain saw can you give?

Thank you for your time,
Carmen

I've been quite happy with my little McCullough electric chain saw,
though it does have an automatic oiler.

In between uses I hang it on the wall blade down, with a plastic
scabbard over the blade, and most of the oil is still in the reservoir
the next time I go to use it, though a little oil will dribble out of
the scabbard if I hold it with its open end down.

I've had tye saw about 10 years now and use it a half dozen times each
summer for around the yard cutting.

It's still using its original chain, which I sharpen as needed with a
3/16" diameter by 1' long cylinrical stone in a Dremel tool.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia