William Brown

Around here they sell an awful lot of humidifiers for use during the
winter, so I don't think humidity in itself is a bad thing. It seems
the problem is that you have too much of it in one small area. If I
were building the ideal home, I think I would want a bath fan that fed
the humid air into the heating ducts during winter, and outside during
summer. The "noxious odors" can be handled by getting a toilet with a
deodorizer.

al wrote:
Help...have read in the past the exhaust fans in bathrooms generally aren't
that effective. In other words, by simply ensuring the door is left open
after a shower, as much humidity can be removed from the room as an exhaust
fan could.

I live in Northeastern Wisconsin. Opening a window is not a year round
solution. Am concerned with the efficiency (or lack of) an exhaust fan
during the winter months. I also have a teenaged daughter that believes
it's necessary to blow dry her hair for 20 minutes after her shower. So not
only is the room a bit on the humid side, it gets heated by the dryer.

Would appreciate any thoughts/comments on the subject.

AL