steve

Default precise orientation fastener ideas

Not sure this is the right newgroup to ask but what the heck. I am
working on a project where I need to fasten two small objects together
with precise orientation (.5 degrees). The objects will be taken apart
and put together frequently so the fastener cannot be permanent.
Currently I am using a plain screw fastener which I have to calibrate
each time I fasten them together, (by lining up guides on each object).
I desire something more idiot proof and more accurate, I was thinking
maybe a bayonet type mount thats used on camera lens would work, since
they lock in at a fixed position. But maybe I'm thinking too complex,
haven't had any luck searching google because I'm not sure what to
search for, so if someone could give me some ideas where to look that
would be great!

steve