Rex B

yourname wrote:
to Munich, technology so far that means catch-up to Detroit.

Hydrogen is a farce. All it does is move pollution/CO2 to somewhere
else. Unless you know a non electric way of producing hydrogen. How
funny is burning coal to make hydrogen?

John

I'm still voting for ethanol

Same argument. How much tractor fuel is spent planting, growing,
fertilizing, and harvesting the biomass to make the alcohol?

I think the ultimate answer, do-able today, is nuclear electric and
electric cars, perhaps hybrids for trips.

Yes, I know about the fuel disposal issues, but those are solvable with
enough attention given. I expect at some point we will be sending our
non-recycleable radioactive wastes into space, toward the sun perhaps.
Way too expensive now, but the delta will narrow as the footprint grows.