Prometheus

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:41:02 -0400, "Another Phil" NoSpamming@one two
three four five.com wrote:

ML:

This will be very hard to explain with just words, a picture is worth a
thousand of my words. And please, someone who has an idea of what I am
saying, please let me know if I am being clear or just confusing the OP with
bogus words.

snip

If you see that it matches the darkened line on the mitered piece, then you
now know what has to be removed. You want to remove the entire miter waste
along that darkened line on the miter test piece. Aside: you will find
the match up works best with both pieces at the correct installation angle.

Gosh I hope this helps.

Here are some pictures, the description you gave should be enough to
fill in the gaps.

http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuild...ges/h00004.asp

There is a link on the last picture on this page that shows the coping
process in greater detail.

Also, for the OP- make sure that 45 degrees is the angle you need.
I've run across crown that sat at a slightly different angle, it was
several years ago, so I don't recall if it was by design or because
the corner was off square, but I've cut them at as little as 30
degrees to get them to fit properly. (on reflection, the crown
extended further down the wall than it did onto the ceiling, IIRC, so
the angle was less extreme.)