Keith Young

NEWS!

The beale system I have is the model intended for a separate motor other
than lathe mounting. It comes with 3 buffers that screw indivually into an
adapter to fit a motor separate from the lathe. I tried to purchase the
lathe mounting system but was unable to get a unit with a #2 morse taper
only a #1. Strange or what!

Take Care
Keith
Newfoundland

"Leo Van Der Loo" wrote in message

Hi Bruce

Bruce you are muddling things up a bit imo

The Beall system comes with 3 buffs with mandrels, 2 polishing bars and a
wax bar, and a quick change shaft adapter, it fits on a straight 1/2" or
5/8" shaft.

A #2 Morse Taper with a straight end is available separately, the quick
change shaft adapter fits on the straight end of the MT mandrel and the
mandrel can be used in a lathe, the MT mandrel is drilled and tapped for
a draw bar to use in a lathe

Here's a link for a quick look for those interested

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,190,43040

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Bruce Barnett wrote:
"Keith Young" writes:

Unfortunately mechanical skills are not my forte. I am mounting a
buffer atachment to my used motor.

If you are talking about a Beall buffing system, the adapter has a
taper to it, and is used for a Morse Taper (MT) device, like a lathe.
So the mandrel mounts on the adapter, which goes into the Lathe.

Otherwise, mount the buffer to the shaft of the motor, without using
the adapter.