PrecisionMachinisT

"LP" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:49:09 -0700, "PrecisionMachinisT"
wrote:

"Doug White" wrote in message

wrote:
Being in an extremely clumsy mode last night I managed to spill about
half a pint of dykem blue on the concrete shop floor.

Wiped it up, but of course it left a nice blue stain.

Any ideas on how to clean it up? And more importantly, will it
interfere with the adhesion of epoxy paint?

I can't help with the cleanup beyond the sugestions already made.
However, being subject to fits of clumsiness myself, I strongly

recommend
the little plastic Dykem bottles with the porous swab under the cap.
They won't spill, and they don't dry up as fast. I also find it easy

get a good coating that with the little brushes in the cans.

Dykem is for noobs that have nothing better to do than to screw around
brushing or spraying the **** on, only to have to clean it off later

It does smell GOOD though, I will grant you....

I generally will just scribe the part bare a first time (to get me into

the
general area), then after using a black felt pen to coat the area I will
scribe it again a second time.

And I guess measuring twice and marking twice and not cleaning your
work is what allows you to refer to yourself as a precision machinist?

Admittedly, I am also HacKjoB....

I have to earn a living in doing this ****, and in actuality I do it quite
well.

USUALLY, I don't do any layout fluid at all.........just dial in the corner,
let the cad-cam do the remainder.....

Rest ASSured, at one time I used to spray that layout dye **** all over the
place.

And It SURE seemed like FUN at the time...

--

SVL