Alan

On 7 Jun 2005 19:42:48 -0700, "RicodJour"
wrote:

ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy wrote:
LOL, the square drive things are known as Robertsons, a canadian invention
and head an shoulders above anything the yanks have ever devised in the
fastener drive area. Its about time them stubborn, pig heads south of us
figured out what we clever canadians have known for 80 years.
Near anything to do with electrical in canada is set up with Robertson#2
drives. They make life so simple!!!

on is, are screws as good a solution as nails for the panels?

Anyone else find it interesting that Guy capitalized Robertson and not
canadian, canadians, or canada? I fear we're witnessing
overcompensation for a chauvinistic inferiority streak.

But you are right - they are known as Robertson screws, they are far
superior, and saying Square vs Robertson saves two syllables and lops a
third off of the word length. So let's just call them square drive
screws and call it even.

Square drive and Robertson are not identical. I find Robertson to be
superior, but have difficulty getting them these days.