James Sweet

"PCK" wrote in message
news

wrote in message
James Sweet wrote:
Huh? Typical CRT monitor is 150W, typical LCD is 35W, even if the LCD
uses a
tiny bit more in standby, it still comes out far ahead in most cases.

You are right of course, I was not thinking when I wrote this. What I
meant to say was, don't think it will consume no power when switched
off. In some cases it can draw in excess of 10 watts then, compared with
a typical 0.5W power draw for a CRT monitor. It will make up for this
when used more than a few minutes a day, but still.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.

what are you smoking dutchman seems to be stronger than pot
1/2 a watt CRT on stanby?
get real the freakin pilot light on the front uses that much

I think he meant when you turn it completely off, in which case it shouldn't
use any power at all, while an LCD will normally have an external PSU which
is powered up all the time.