John Larkin

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:38:32 -0700, Don Bowey
wrote:

On 6/17/05 3:59 PM, in article ,
"John Fields" wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:45:27 -0800,
(Floyd L.
Davidson) wrote:

John Fields wrote:
I'm not talking about what _I_ want to read, ...

In fact, that's all you *ever* talk about.

And "nashing" of teeth??? Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Perfect example!

---
Learn to use the language and its subtleties properly if you want to
be considered learned or, at the very least, competent in American
English.

The omission of the 'g' at the beginning of 'nashing' is inexcusable
and marks you as a churl.

This type of discussion is pointless and harmful. I've known brilliant
people, some at Bell Labs, who had difficulty spelling. Some Engineers and
Scientists had excellent command of the language (both English and
English!), but weren't as "swift" as the ones with language usage or
spelling problems. It's the luck of the draw either way.

It's quite difficult sometimes, but lets all try to be a bit nicer.

Awaiting flames.....

Don

Some people can't spell, and some people can't be nice. Luck of the
draw, as you point out.

Too bad newsreaders don't include a nice-checker. The simplest
implementation would just be a reverse spell-checker, that deleted
words like asshole and idiot and churl. Some people's posts would get
a *lot* shorter.

John