On 19-Jun-2005, Mike wrote:

Hold the crown inside a framing square and see where it hits on the
top and bottom. You will know when it's where it needs to be. Most
crowns will not fit the corner an equally distance away from the wall
and down from the ceiling. Most we see measure farther down the wall.

wasn't a matter of the spring angle not being 45 deg. It was a matter of
the outside profile of the overall moulding not being 90 degrees. So it
didn't snug well at the spring angle between the table and the fence. Just
did a wide mdf one and it looked pretty good. I'm getting there.