Mike

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:57:11 GMT, wrote:

The mdf I played with didn't spring really cleanly either, i.e. it's wall
mating side and ceiling mating side weren't really square. That probably
was a factor in the problems I was having with it. I'll try compound
cutting that sitting flat and see if it has any effect.

Hold the crown inside a framing square and see where it hits on the
top and bottom. You will know when it's where it needs to be. Most
crowns will not fit the corner an equally distance away from the wall
and down from the ceiling. Most we see measure farther down the wall.

As far as the under cut goes, with the piece laying flat, your coping
saw will need to lean more than 45 degrees. I'd guess closer to 60
but I haven't ever really checked that.

Too bad I can't rent one of those new copemaster things. :P

I've kinda lusted after one of those myself but at about $2500 I can
cut a lot of copes by hand.

Mike O.