ATP*

"gil" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just finished a wood floor project and I have lots of walls to install
moulding on. In the past Using hammer and nails would take a lot of
banging to get the job done, which would be the right pneumatic nailer
to get...brad or finish nailer and what length?

Thanks in advance

Gil

I think you're better off installing the primary moulding to the wall with
regular finish nails and then using the pneumatic gun for the quarter round
on the floor and the decorative moulding on the top. That's for a
traditional three piece built-up moulding. The finish nails are a much
heavier gauge than the pneumatic nails, you can snug up the board and know
you've hit the stud. How much time do you really save using a nailgun? With
the little stuff the guns have an advantage over fiddling with tiny nails
and possibly splitting the moulding. I've been using pneumatic guns since
the late 1970s but sometimes I think we've gone overboard on their use.