DeepDiver

"Ignoramus10824" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:56:10 GMT, DeepDiver wrote:

I hate to keep harping on safety issues but, even with the GFCI outlet,
seeing those electrical cords lying in a big puddle under the slide gives
me
the willies! It would make much more sense to move the pump to a dry
location far from the pool and run longer hoses to and from it.

Thanks. I think that having those water hoses lying around and going
to the remote pump is also a hazard. What I will do is make sure that
cords are attached to the wooden structure and do not lie on the
ground. Thanks for a good safety reminder.

Which is more dangerous: tripping on a hose or getting electrocuted? The
GFCI is an emergency back-up: it should never be relied upon as a primary
defense against electrical shock. If you're really worried about the hoses,
make a small wood platform at the base of your slide's ladder and run the
hoses under them.

Besides, the children can trip on extension cords too.

- Michael