willshak

On 5/30/2005 9:33 PM US(ET), took fingers to keys,
and typed the following:

I have a 7 year old Chamberland opener. The other day it made a funny
noise and wont move the chain at all to put the door down or up.

Is this repairable? Or am I going to have to go buy a new one? I am
trying to watch money as I have a 4 month old at home and did not know
if this was somethign I could repair myself or not.

I had the same problem on a 20 year old Craftsman door opener (made by
Chamberlain). In my case it was the nylon drive gear was stripped of
teeth. Got a replacement at the Sears repair outlet. Part # 41A2817.
Drive Gear and Worm Set. $20.99 (US)

--
Bill