Buck Turgidson

I don't need the window to open so I was wondering if I could use 4
pieces
of treated 1X8 to form a box that just slides into the opening &

fasten it
with a couple of concrete screws. I would install a glass stop on all

4
sides with 1/4 round then have a sealed triple pane glass unit made up

fit & seal it in place with silicone.

You should verify egress requirements with your local building code
office. Some require egress ability for fire code reasons. I don't
know if a fixed window meets those requirements.

I recently installed a vinyl hopper purchased at home depot, per the
link below. I special-ordered it about 1/4" less than the rough
dimensions, and just screwed it with Tapcons/shims right into the
masonry. I foamed the gap and caulked around it.

http://www.americancraftsmanwin.com/...l.cfm?sid=5900