DeepDiver

"Ron" wrote in message

All swimming pools these days have multiple inlet openings in the pool so
that nobody can get any body orifices sealed directly to the suction of
the recirculation pump. Years ago there was a horrendous case where a
child sat on the single inlet opening in an improperly installed pool and
was disemboweled when the suction of the pump sucked her intestines from
her body.

PLEASE either put in a tee and use two suction hoses in the pool or drill
multiple holes in the first six inches or so of the suction hose. Kids are
likely to like the feel of the water flowing into that hose and accidents
can happen.

Now that Ron mentioned it, I too recall hearing the story about suction
disemboweling. Makes me shudder to think about it.

Even with two (or more) hoses, I'd still drill extra holes in the tubing to
prevent a water-tight seal from ever occurring. Otherwise, you'll just end
up with two (or more) injured/dead children, instead of one.

- Michael