DeepDiver

"DeepDiver" wrote in message
"Ignoramus23410" wrote in message
On 6 Jun 2005 12:44:34 -0700, Stretch wrote:

Your pump sounds`awful big at 1 HP.

it looks about right for a 1 HP motor, of the modern compact hot
running 3450 rpm variety.

It is described he

http://www.waynepumps.com/prodlist.asp?pcode=PLS100

I moved lots more water than that with a 1/2 HP shallow well pump.
A smaller pump with a bigger hose or more hoses is the way to go.
But since you already have the pump, I would use it till it croaks.
But I WOULD add a couple of hoses, within limits, the more water the
better. Put a manifold on the pump, connect all the hoses to the
manifold. Do the same on the suction so you don't starve the pump.

Yes, I will get a big hose. Maybe even 1.5" (reduced to 1" at inlet)
for incoming flow, and 1" for outflow. Will report my results tonight.

Here's an idea if you find that a larger (or multiple) hose(s) is/are
flowing too much water to the slide: add a T-valve or T-fitting and dump
some of the excess flow back to the pool (perhaps make it swirl the pool
water). That way, you aren't overworking the pump (by trying to force
water through a restricted hose) and you can control how much water goes
down the slide.

Well throw that idea in the trash. From the many well-informed posts on
centrifugal pumps, it seems that dumping excess flow back into the pool will
simply burn extra electricity (and perhaps your pump). So instead, you
should use a valve to regulate the amount of water to the slide.

- Michael