Tom MacIntyre

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:53:14 -0700, "Larry C"
wrote:

I have a KDS XF-9b monitor (19") that is about 14 months old. Recently it
started having a problem that I will try and describe. After it has been on
for a while (less time required lately) the screen will almost blank out for
a millisecond or two, then it comes back to normal. This is usually
preceeded by an electrical snap. Now I am also getting a series of snaps
when the monitor first comes on or out of standby mode.

Not quite enough information for a solid conclusion (no fault of
yours), but you've given a good enough description to tell me that
possibly it's a malfunctioning/intermittently shorting CRT. A shop may
be able to take care of this by "buzzing" the CRT (cleaning the
cathodes and/or blowing away the short with a device designed for that
purpose), but it's a crapshoot at best.

Tom

I have tried degausing and I have also removed the cover and blasted away
all the dust I could. No change in the symptoms.

I'm no electronics tech, so I gues I am hoping for a possible "dummies" fix.
I hate to go shopping for a new monitor when this one is only a little over
a year old.

Your help is appreciated!