On 19 Jun 2005 03:39:00 -0700, wrote:

Even if I run the resistance down near zero, the LCR.EXE program still
says "No impedance hump."

Is the program broken? I doubt it.

Am I doing something wrong? I don't know.

L = 136000 uH, C = 51000000 pf, R = 23 ohms, f = 0.00006 MHz.

Doug

My earlier note assumed that you were varying capacitance or
frequency and wondered why you observed no significant hump - this
could still happen

With regard to the software difficulty I think you are misreading the
results. Using your values, the program correctly arrives at a Q of
2.2 which produces an impedance hump reaching 127ohms.

The pretty irrelevant comment "****No impedance hump" simply states
that if you increased R to 80ohms the hump would vanish.

Jim