Harold and Susan Vordos

"DOC" wrote in message
I would be curious to know why a dye on the surface of the concrete
would interfere with the adhesion of an epoxy.

Tanks,
DOC

Then let me settle that little doubt in your mind. Dyken *isn't* dye, it's
paint. When you let it dry, you end up with a solid that can be scraped
off. It has the potential to mix with the epoxy when applied and possibly
cause it to not bond well to the concrete. . It's not worth the risk to
leave it in place before painting when it can be removed so easily. When
it's washed with acetone, it will dilute it to the point where the vast
majority of it will come off, and the remaining amount will be well absorbed
by the concrete, acting like a dye instead of paint. At that point, it's
not likely to act as a release when the solvents of epoxy paint are applied.

Harold