MKerv

Well--great questions! We are finding out so much about our purchase.

It seems that a good portion of our home is about 80 years old. When
the workers removed the "stucco-brick-chickenwire stuff," there are
cement exterior walls. A garage and family room addition is cinderblock.
We really don't know how old the addition is.

Hope this helps! The workers put furring strips from the top to about a
foot
from the ground--they are attaching the siding to that. We thought that
Tyvek was necessary, they started with it and then told us that because of
the cement--it was unnecessary.

Any insight--much appreciated

wrote in message
oups.com...
Are they just cement, period ? Tyvek is used aroound here to seal off
the inside layer from the outside layer, so to speak. Like if a brick
house is being built, they frame it first, then tyvek it (usually
wrong), then put the brick veneer up. For vinyl, same deal. If you
just gots the concrete walls it wouldn't seem to make any sense. If
you have framing inside the concrete walls, like to put drywall onto,
I'm not sure or not if it makes sense.

Is this new construction ?