I could not tell if you meant you had 'dual pane sealed unit' double hung
windows - or single pane glass.

Assuming you meant 'dual pane sealed units' - If you get no satisfaction
from the window manufacturer - and if you are 'handy' - you could try the
following:

On a sunny, warm/hot day (with low relative humidity), remove the dual pane
sealed glass unit from the window frame (taking appropriate precautions to
not drop the unit).

Then, using a razor knife, cut the caulking holding one of the glass panes
onto the glass spacer, clean the inside surfaces well and leave the open
unit sitting in the sun to bake any moisture off of it. Having a fan blow
on it might hasten the drying process.

After a couple of hours in the sun, re-assemble the glass pane onto the
glass spacer and re-seal it with good quality silicone. Let it dry and
re-mount the window in the frame.

"Red Cloudİ" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:34:04 -0400, "Nick"
wrote:

I have a few 12+ year old double-hung Appleby windows that are gettting
moisture between the panes. They are out of warranty of course, so I
think
its either a) live with it b) replacement sashes from Appleby c) new
frames
or d) modify the existing sashes to vent the moisture. Recommendations
anyone ?
The last one seems off-the-wall, but I recall that Pellas in a previous
home
had small vent holes in the bottom of the sashes and they would fog up if
not cleaned out periodically. I could easily add small vent holes to the
failed Appleby's and sacrifice some thermal efficiency, but at least be
able
to see out the windows. Has anyone tried this ?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice on this.

I would contact Appleby. Tell them you love your appleby windows, but
you are disapointed with the fact that some of them have experienced
seal failure, and you thought Appleby's were made so that should never
have happened. (They brag about their seals never going bad) They may
surprise you!

rusty redcloud