Brian Reay

Default Bathroom vent through roof

"Philip Thompson" wrote in message
Trying to work out the best way to vent a bathroom using a fan with 4"

pipes
and feeding through the roof.
It is a bungalow but there is no way to vent through a wall so it has to

be
the roof.
The tiles are concrete, flatish with a square ridged design put there in
about 1950.
Never done a through the roof before so any advice would be handy.
My thought so far are with putting a metal pipe through the tiles similar

what they fit to gas boiler outlets.
The bathroom ceiling where the fan grill sits is only 3' below the roof
tiles.

Any thoughts?

Get one of those lead 'tiles' with a rubber grommet bonded to it used to
take a soil pipe stack vent through the roof (sorry I don't recall the name-
cost me £17). Also a short length of soil pipe (maybe 18") and a 'mushroom'
cap. Couple the fan to the pipe with a length of the flexible house
designed for the job, seal with gaffer tape and a giant jubilee clip.

Regards

Brian

--
73