Phisherman

Seven inches through a concrete stem won't be so easy. I have drilled
through terracotta pots using a mason drill chucked in a drill press
and applied several drops of water during the drilling. The speed
was set to about 500 rpm.

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 22:55:15 GMT, "Airkings"
wrote:

I have a concrete planter (round cup-shaped top, stem, square base.
Urn-like, I guess), that doesn't have a drain hole. Is it possible or
feasible to drill a drain hole from the bottom of the "cup" through the
stem, and out the bottom of the base? It might be 7" or so. Will it crack
the concrete? Any other ideas? Thanks!

P.S. We really need some type of drainage, as the flowers are stunted and a
heavy rain just filled the bowl!