Bob Urz

butlercellars wrote:
Replacing the fan was the first thing I did and I even tried the .1uf cap
across the fan trick, but results are the same. The amp even has the same
symptoms with or without the fan installed. I'm on my second can of
freeze-it, but that has no effect either. Any other ideas?

"Damir Friscic" wrote in message

"butlercellars" wrote in message

. And the cooling fan works fine, which is driven from the speaker output
level.

Replace fan.

I had a technics a while back in the shop that was giving be problems.
It would go into shutdown. The shutdown was caused by the fan
intermittently not turning. The fan tested fine out of the unit.
As i recall, it was either oxidized connector where the fan connected to
the unit, or bad solder joints on the connector.

Bob