Andy Cuffe

On 18 Jun 2005 07:06:31 -0700, wrote:

Sony 5.1 A/V receiver model:STR-DE345,year:Jan 2000.No power I found
Q704=MP1620-OPY-M=Sony # 8-749-010-26=2SB1620=PNP=to be shorted base to
collector (I think) and found F901=3 amp fuse to be open.
Well I decided to remove Q704 and power up the unit with a 100 watt
bulb in place of F901 so when I powered up the unit I noticed I noticed
that the bulb lit bright for about 3 seconds then dimmed down,I did
this to see if there were any other problems before I ordered Q704.Now
when the new Q704 finally arrived I put it in and everything works
great in the stereo except it has no display.
I measured the voltages at the both front faceplate (display board)
connectors and they seem to correspond to the voltages stamped on the
board so my assumption is that IC103=UPD780206GF=100 pin quad SMT
display driver IC is defective,I hope not.
Did I burn IC103? if not anyone have any common repair tips for no
display?.Thanks in advance.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Check the voltage on the display tube. There's should be about 3-5v
AC across the two end pins and both pins should be around -30v.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005