wmbjk

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:30:17 +1000, George Ghio
wrote:

Pointless exercise with Wayne. He can talk the legs off a donkey but
still can't explain his claim of two days autonomy for his system.

Good timing George, Pete has mentioned that he's going to build a
solar water-heating system in the near future. As you're a *solar*
power consultant, I expect you'll want to offer some tips for his
project. Oh darn, I just remembered, you've written that
propane-fueled water heating is more "appropriate". OK then, just tell
him how many pounds of fuel you've hauled during your time off-grid,
and how much cheaper and smarter you believe that is over his plan of
spending a few bucks and some time fabricating a system.

And yes he does all his real work during daylight hours.

I assume you'll be explaining how that differs from what most people
do, why welding at night is better, and how when you're drawing 400
Amps, it makes a big difference whether or not your 60 Amps of PV is
lit....

The thread is titled "workshop in a alternate home power environment",
and it has included some discussion about welding in an off-grid
workshop. Since you're a self-described expert welder who also claims
nearly two decades of success in the professional "designing" of solar
power setups, it would seem you're the perfect person to share with
everyone exactly how you handle welding at your own place. I'm sure
Pete and many others would be interested to hear how a
"professional's" system could handle his Miller Syncrowave 250, and
exactly how much of your daily energy production is available for
power tools in general.

Wayne