Christopher Tidy

Q wrote:
I got my hands on about 10 gallons of Texaco Meropa 220 Industrial gear oil
( atleast thats what the label says ).. Its smelly and brownish, so I doubt
SWMBO would appreciate me using it on the door hinges etc, so what do I use
it for ?....

Would this work on the manual gearbox in my 1997 Toyota Hiace van ?.. It has
run about 160.000 miles w. the same oil in it ( I change the oil on the
engine on a regular basis, but not on the gear box )

Or do I just burn it ?

Don't burn it! Oil is always useful. I don't know the specification of
this particular oil, but equivalent tables are available. You could try
searching for the name of this oil online. Use it to fill you oil can,
if nothing else. And if you really do need to get rid of it, take it to
a recycling place...burning it will make a real stink!

Chris