On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:58:59 -0400, "Ted B."
wrote:

I know I wouldnt mind having one. It helps when companies buy property in
your neighborhood of $300K homes and try to plop down a $100k home, or
vice versa. Or try to put condos in non-condo neighborhood. or and
apartment complex. or any other number of inconsiderate things.

Yeah, having a $300K home next to a $100K home or a (gasp) condo is a real
tragedy. Let's make a new law stating that all single-family houses should
cost no less than a half mill, and that the purchase of such single family
dwellings can not be subsidized in any manner. Oh wait . . . we've got HOAs
to take care of that. Never mind. -Dave (who has better things to worry
about than whether someone is going to build a BRAND NEW house on the empty
lot next to my lot that is worth half of what my house is worth)

How about if he builds a tar paper shack or hauls in some old double
wides?

You think you won't mind now, but when the time comes you want to sell
and you find your house ins't worth what you thought it was due to
someone putting in high rise apartments to either side of you and then
tell me you don't want to see some regulation of land use. Or when
you can't find a parking space because the 50 unit condo across the
street doesn't offer garage space.

Jim P.