Ken

Dean Swinger wrote:
Were having our bathroom repiped with copper pipe and my question is
which type of angle stops should be used? The person sweating the
pipes put in 1\2" female copper fittings then a galv. close nipple
then the 1\2" female angle stop and they all seem to leak. would it
not have been better to use a 1\2" compression angle stop on the
copper pipe instead?

Are you sure it's a galvanized close nipple? If so, it sounds like the
plumber didn't have the right parts at hand and used whatever he
happened to have with him. Never mix copper and galvanized.

My personal favorite way is to have the female fitting behind the wall
(either copper or brass), then connect a 3" or 4" chrome plated brass
nipple, then either a straight stop or angle stop, whatever you need.
Use teflon tape on all threaded fittings. Put on a chrome escutchion,
and you're all set, looks real nice.

Ken