SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a fridge which is about 1 year old. I find it very
noisy. The problem is not only the noise level, but the amount
of time it runs - it seems to turn on for 10 minutes every
10 minutes. The service folks came out and checked and said
this was normal for new types of fridge. But it is quite annoying
and makes it difficult to listen to music.

Is there a way to make it quieter, eg by putting some noise baffles
or insulation around the back perimeter of the fridge, without
trapping the heat from the coils in there? The compressor is at the
bottom and the coils on the rear of the fridge.

And is there a way to make it run less frequently? The service
folks said newer fridges turn on and off more often because they
try to stay closer to their target temperature. But I don't care
if it is exactly at some temperature. I guess I could put it on
a timer that goes on and off every hour?

Thanks,

Jeff

Have you cleaned the coils recently?
Check the gaskets on the door. Are they sealing?