G Henslee

SQLit wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message

SQLit wrote:

No maintenance on the unit and you just turned it on.... Ok. It will not
last long that way

The master cool type pad can last 3-4 years if maintained. The fibrous
(aspen pads) need to be changed yearly.

Can those master cool pads be cleaned?

Sort of.. Really depends on how bad they are. If you can see calicum when
they are wet ,,,, bad sign.

The box stores and Pauls Hardware as well as 6 points sell a "cooler
cleaner" by the quart.
Sumphic acid.. and that is spell wrong. I used to pour the whole bottle in
the cooler before I cleaned it out. I know the directions say like half.
Run the cooler for at least an hour. Drain and clean. I use the shop vac.
If the particles on the pad come off; great. If not then you need to decide
if your buying a new pad this year or next. My last 7" pad was just short
of a $100 bucks. I tried the cheapy replacement one ONCE. Get the good
stuff and take care of it.

If your pad is white/chalky when dry not dark paper color forget and buy a
pad now. I went to help a friend once with the understanding that we were
going to fix it right. I took one look at the pad and pulled the top and
threw it away. He freeked. When the new pad was in he remarked "wow there
is a lot of air coming out of that now. "

Great info SQLit. Thanks!