Les and Gina

"HotRod" wrote in message
O.K. since my wife doesn't read this group I can actually acknowledge that
I screwed up when I caulked the bathroom sink. I have done tons of
caulking in the past and have had very few problems however a few weeks
ago I bought a new tub of caulking "tub and bath" and decided to caulk
around the edge of our new sink, needless to say the caulking was drying
in minutes not hours and when I tried to smooth it in it just went
"WRONG". So now I need to know how to remove it with destroying my new
sink and counter top? I've used a razor to get 90% of it and then tried a
scrub pad and some fine steel wool without any success. Are there any
chemicals that will remove this?

There is a caulk remover you can get a Slowes or Home Despot, but it does
not work well on silicone caulks. On latex caulk, you would just run a bead
over the existing caulk, and the remover will soften the existing caulk,
making it easily removable. YMMV.

Les