Bill Gill

Bill wrote:
I live in Florida and am getting ready for the hurricane season.

I can't come up with any ideas on how to secure my overhead garage
door from the wind getting around the edges and between the slats.

Anyu ides or experience?

Bill

When I lived in Florida I got ready in advance. I
bought a couple of sheets of 3/4" plywood and cut them
to fit over the door. I set bolt anchors in the
concrete across the opening and prepared a 2X4 to be
bolted down to the floor, outside of the door. I
installed a 2X4 vertically in the middle, then nailed
the plywood to the door frame, the 2X4 on the floor, and
the 2X4 up the middle. I figured that should be a lot
more secure than the garage door.

I only put it up one time, and then the hurricane pretty
much missed, but I figured it was worth it to have that
little bit more peace of mind.

Bill Gill